Do you experience repeated episodes of depression?
Do you feel stressed by parenting or caring for someone with mental health problems?
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) may help.
Mindfulness can help us to see things differently. It is a way of helping us to pay attention to the present moment, so we can bring awareness and acceptance to things as they are.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy helps us to notice and understand the links between our thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
MBCT combines these two powerful approaches. It is a great way to understand the patterns of the mind and learn to work with these patterns in a new way.
Our MCBT courses are for people aged 18+ who experience repeated episodes of depression, or are stressed by parenting or caring for someone with mental health problems.
You will learn and practice simple meditation and other activities that can help you to:
- be more aware of your thoughts and feelings
- be kinder to yourself
- become more accepting of how things are
- respond more wisely to difficulties and stress
The courses are run by experienced mental health professionals:
- 8 sessions of 2 hours and 15 minutes and one full day session
- 10-15 participants on each course
- It's important to attend regularly and practice the approach at home every day
Interested? Why not come to a taster session?
- taster sessions can help you decide whether you would like to attend a course
- you will hear more about what's involved and have an opportunity to try and approach
- no need to book - no need to be referred by a professional - just come along!
What happens next?
- once you've attended a taster session, you can apply for the course by completing a single application form
- we will arrange to call you and discuss whether the course is right for you at this time
Telephone: 01325 552017
TEWV Mindfulness team
West Park Hospital
Edward Pease Way